Saturday, February 25, 2012

Introduction...

One thing men learn at a very young age...Never ask a woman her age, and NEVER EVER EVER ask a woman her WEIGHT!

With a small exception, most women, big or small, like to keep that number we see on the scale top secret. Hell, sometimes we even lie to our best friends about those numbers.

We actually DON'T want you to guess our weight, or tell us what you think we look like we weigh...especially if you aren't happy with what you see on that scale.

I obviously have never held back in my blogs about life and sex and my feelings against rude patrons of businesses around the holidays, HOWEVER...if I know one topic veryyyy well, it is definitely weight loss and all the mumbo jumbo that comes with it.

As I continue my blogs you will learn more of the problems I have encountered with my weight the past 10 years...I have been through it all...

I am here to not only share awesome recipes *I have a special ability to see recipes that are guaranteed to make your muffin tops do the harlem shake, and transform them into the most delicious, healthy, and crowd pleasing meals*.....But to also document the transformation of the body I am not thrilled with, into the body I have always wanted. I got so close when a year ago I was in an accident that left me unable to walk for a few weeks...and when I got back on my feet I was bound and determined to be a little gym rat...And I was. I lost 17 lbs and had toned what needed toning, shed what needed to be shed, and was well on my way to pure bliss with my body (the healthy way)...I got into a relationship, got comfortable, then things started falling apart in my life and the gym wasn't my main priority...

I will emphasize everything in due time, but the point being I gained back a lot of the weight...

I yo-yo'd for the past 6 months...and was just recently in the hospital again this January for a cyst on my ovary...On top of the already obnoxious weight gain, being sick and then having to be in the hospital and getting pumped with fluids, and not being too mobile while recovering...I gained even more.

I am about to do something I never thought I would do, but I will because this blog is going to be my ticket to my goal weight, goal body, and goal attitude...I am going to post my numbers. The numbers from that scale.

On January 25th, I weighed in @ the most I have EVER weighed...and it crushed me, beyond belief.

I was 167 lbs.

Again, in due time I will emphasize why my weight makes me crazy...but this number was unacceptable to me. I got back on track with where I needed to be diet wise, I am working back in to my routine with the gym as well...and I am happy to report one month later, February 25th, I am 156 lbs.

When I was killing it at the gym while I lived in FL, at my smallest (healthy), I was 147 - with nice muscle

And when I was turning 21 when I was at my smallest (completely unhealthy rapid weight loss) I was 142...

My first goal is to get to 140 because that will be the first time in 10 years I lost all of the weight I wanted, in a HEALTHY process.

My MAIN goal is to be 125 by at least mid June. But we will see.

Now that you know my number, and my goal, it is time to just learn some rad new recipes, message me if you have any questions, and hey, support each other if you yourself are working towards a slimmer or healthier you.

This blog is for me...to help myself. But if I can help even one person along the way...then I am ecstatic.

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Do what you do girl and good luck! You can do anything you put your mind to. Stay stoked and stay focused Nikki. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete